Mahamsaratsu Shan was the most recognizable peak of the A-Ling Shan range with an elevation approaching 24,000 ft. (7,300 m).
Covered with ancient glaciers, Mahamsaratsu Shan was a sprawling peak that was frozen year-round.
The mountain was feared by the people around it as being home to an evil spirit that would lure men to their deaths during blizzards with her irresistible voice. To protect themselves, the villagers built shrines along the roads that go near the peak, and left animal sacrifices to appease the evil spirit.
- ↑ The alternate spelling of Maham-Saratsui Shan is found on the Storm Rider map insert.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 David Cook (1990). The Horde (Volume I). (TSR, Inc), p. 21. ISBN 978-0880388689.
- ↑ Troy Denning (1990). Storm Riders (Map). (TSR, Inc.). ISBN 9-781560-765646.
- ↑ Karen Wynn Fonstad (August 1990). The Forgotten Realms Atlas. (TSR, Inc), p. 14. ISBN 978-0880388573.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 David Cook (1990). The Horde (Volume II). (TSR, Inc), p. 78. ISBN 978-0880388689.