Major image, also known as spectral force or, originally, Carbury's spectral force, was an illusion spell, that created the visual figment of an object, creature, or force. Some creatures with innate powers of illusion, such as deceiver genies, could also duplicate the effects of this spell.
This spell allowed the caster to create an illusion that included sound, visual imagery, smell, and even temperature. The spectral image could be positioned at a great distance from the caster, and it could occupy a volume of 9,000 cubic feet or greater, depending on the power of the spellcaster.
The caster could control its movement by concentrating, and the illusion would remain for a short time after the caster ceased concentrating. If an opponent attacked the illusion, it would fade away, unless the caster were able to make the figment respond believably.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), p. 23. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 207–210,258. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 252,279. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 153. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 152. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 121–122. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.
- ↑ Skip Williams (2000). Conversion Manual. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 16.
- ↑ Wolfgang Baur (1993). Assassin Mountain: Monstrous Compendium Pages. (TSR, Inc.). ISBN 9-781560-765646.
- ↑ slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), p. 27. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.