House Marliir was a noble house of Cormyr, based in Suzail. The family were always outsiders at the Royal Court and had extensive landholdings and businesses in the Arabel area. The Marliirs and the Huntcrowns hated each other and were close to open conflict in the late 15th century DR.
The Marliirs led the Marsemban infantry fighting with King Galaghard against the Witch-Lords in 900 DR. The house fought against Dhalmass Obarskyr in Marsember and was part of the Redlance Rising, and was in tax trouble since that time. The house also backed the regent Salember in a civil war. However, the family remained loyal to Azoun IV when Gondegal attempted to seize the throne in 1352 DR.
The Marliirs were at one time the largest noble house in Arabel but this changed in 1396 DR when King Azoun V married Nalara Marliir and the house moved to Suzail. In the 15th century DR, the family's fortunes waned.
- Dardreth Marliir, Dauneth's older brother
- Dauneth Marliir, nobleman and warrior
- Jolithan Marliir, head of the family in 1352 DR
- Merelda Marliir, wife to Raynaar and mother to Dauneth
- Nalara Maliir, King Azoun V's queen
- Raynaar Marliir, head of family and husband of Lady Terese
- Rhodes Marliir
- Lady Terese Marliir, wife of Lord Raynaar
- ↑ Eric Haddock (1994). Cormyr. (TSR, Inc), p. 48. ISBN 1-56076-818-5.
- ↑ Eric Haddock (1994). Cormyr. (TSR, Inc), p. 49. ISBN 1-56076-818-5.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Eric Menge (January, 2012). “Backdrop: Suzail”. Dungeon #198 (Wizards of the Coast). Archived from the original on 2015-11-02. Retrieved on 2017-07-07.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood and Jeff Grubb (April 1998). Cormyr: A Novel (Paperback). (Wizards of the Coast), p. 220. ISBN ISBN 0-7869-0710-X.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood and Jeff Grubb (April 1998). Cormyr: A Novel (Paperback). (Wizards of the Coast), p. 221. ISBN ISBN 0-7869-0710-X.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Ed Greenwood and Jeff Grubb (April 1998). Cormyr: A Novel (Paperback). (Wizards of the Coast), p. 454. ISBN ISBN 0-7869-0710-X.
- Jerome Davis (2006-03-21). PEOPLE, HISTORY: The Nobles of Cormyr (part 3 of 6). Realms-L mailing list archives. Retrieved on 2015-10-01.