Matt James is an award-winning game designer and current freelancer for Wizards of the Coast, producing articles, content, and game design for the Forgotten Realms. He has been a contributing author to many Dungeons & Dragons sourcebooks and has done work for Open Design (Kobold Quarterly) as well as Pathfinder RPG (Paizo). Matt is the younger brother of Brian R. James, a fellow Realmslore guru. Both are very active members of the community and have been dedicated fans of Forgotten Realms since its first publication.
Matt James's first Forgotten Realms piece was published in Dungeon Magazine #170 with the adventure titled Monument of the Ancients. This Moonsea North adventure is based around Phlan and is designed for 13th level characters. The adventure is credited with having a lot of small references to the original SSI computer game Pool of Radiance. Since its publication, Matt has contributed to a variety of articles for both Dungeon Magainze and Dragon Magazine, and has co-authored several Dungeons & Dragons source-books.
In 2012, Matt James won an ENnie award for co-authoring Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale, along with Sterling Hershey, Steve Townshend, and Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Specific WorksEdit
- Monument of the Ancients (2009-09-23). Retrieved on 2012-07-15.
- Explore Airspur: Villains and Vagabonds (2009-11-20). Retrieved on 2012-03-06.
- Explore Ikemmu: The Gloaming City (2010-02-23). Retrieved on 2012-03-06.
- Heroes of the Moonshae Isles (2011-11-24). Retrieved on 2012-07-15.
- Soldiers of Fortune (March 2011)
- Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale (June 2011)
- Lair Assault: Attack of the Tyrantclaw (February 2012)
- Into the Unknown: The Dungeon Survival Handbook (May 2012)
- Drow Treachery Cards (Accessory) (2013)
- Red Aegis Rule Book (Summer 2015)
See Also Edit
- Design & Development with Matt James regarding the Into the Unknown: The Dungeon Survival Handbook sourcebook.
- Questions for Matt James message board thread hosted by Candlekeep.com