Although the Cathedral of Emerald Scales was dedicated to the beast cult of Varae, it was tacitly understood that Varae was an aspect of Sseth. Medusanna administrated the Cathedral and kept ceremonies to Varae/Sseth, including ritual sacrifices, a constant activity on the main floor of the Cathedral. She was one of only two individuals that knew the extent of a large-scale breeding program going on in the catacombs beneath the Cathedral, the other being Ssibalentanamas, the First Keeper of the Sacred Eggs. An army of yuan-ti was being created, ostensibly for the defense of Hlondeth.
Medusanna hated the relatively cool climate of the Vilhon Reach and her hatred spilled over onto most of the region's inhabitants. In turn, most of the priests in her charge and Hlondeth's ruling elite—the members of the yuan-ti House Extaminos—loathed her and thought her loyalties were directed elsewhere. She was particularly antagonistic to the ruler of Hlondeth, Dediana Extaminos, who was constantly trying to increase her surveillance of Medusanna's activities through a network of spies.
Rumors and LegendsEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), p. 139. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.
- ↑ Thomas M. Costa (November 2003). “Faiths of Faerûn: Elder Serpents of Set”. In Chris Thomasson ed. Dragon #313 (Paizo Publishing, LLC), p. 85.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Ed Greenwood, Eric L. Boyd, Darrin Drader (July 2004). Serpent Kingdoms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 93. ISBN 0-7869-3277-5.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), p. 141. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), p. 138. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.