Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Early in the month of Eleint in the Year of Lightning Storms, 1374 DR, Amnic went missing. Mela was distraught and sought someone to help, but the militia of the Wheloon Watch did not investigate such cases. Neighbors, meanwhile, rumored Amnic had left his wife, either taking a few days away or taking up with another woman. Mela, meanwhile, tried to manage the bookshop in Amnic's absence. [note 1]
Eventually, on Eleint 6, adventurers discovered that the new Temple of Mystra in town was actually a front for priests of Shar and Cyric to kidnap magic-users and spirit them away to the Vast Swamp for some nefarious purpose. Investigators found Amnic's body along with two others in a torture chamber beneath the false temple, identified by his possessions. To quell his suspicions, the false priests or their agents had evidently kidnapped Amnic. Not a magic-user himself, Amnic had been tortured to death on a rack by Deinyn Fembrys. Mela was informed of her husband's fate.
- ↑ This is the second of the opening adventure hooks offered by the adventure module, but The Grand History of the Realms mentions "adventurers in service of Mystra", suggesting the first, involving Tunaster Dranik, is the canonical case.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Richard Baker, Bruce R. Cordell, David Noonan, Matthew Sernett, James Wyatt (2007). Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 6, 151. ISBN 07-8694-119-7.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Richard Baker, Bruce R. Cordell, David Noonan, Matthew Sernett, James Wyatt (2007). Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 21. ISBN 07-8694-119-7.
- ↑ Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 156. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ Richard Baker, Bruce R. Cordell, David Noonan, Matthew Sernett, James Wyatt (2007). Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 18. ISBN 07-8694-119-7.