These creatures were apparently quite intelligent and had the ability to talk in whispers, though most of the time they just made normal hamster squeaks. The only known miniature giant space hamster in Realmspace was named Boo and was the animal companion of the Rashemi ranger Minsc ever since his first head wound. However, as Minsc is quite addled, it is unclear whether or not his claims are true.
- Miniature giant space hamsters first appeared in the Planescape supplemental book, In The Cage: A Guide to Sigil, which predated Baldur's Gate by three years.
- In Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide, Dagget Filth mentioned gigantic space hamsters.
- In Mass Effect 2 and 3, also from BioWare, the player could buy a "Space Hamster" in the human shop on the Citadel.
- Baldur's Gate computer game
- Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn computer game
- Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn novelization
- Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal computer game
- ↑ BioWare (1998). James Ohlen, Ray Muzyka. Baldur's Gate. Black Isle Studios.
- ↑ Wolfgang Baur In The Cage: A Guide to Sigil. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 078690111X.