Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
His hair and beard were both long, black and peppered with grey streaks. When mad, his eyes crackled with eldritch power.
Typically stubborn and one who doesn't suffer fools gladly, Mordenkainen can be difficult even with his friends.
While suffering from his madness was convinced that enemies were everywhere and he was being constant watched by evil agents.
Mordenkainen later traveled to Barovia in an attempt to free the local population from its vampire darklord Strahd. However, he underestimated Strahd's power and, after barely surviving a confrontation with him, he lost his spellbook and his staff, eventually losing his memory and being driven to the brink of madness. He became known by the locals as the Mad Mage of Mount Baratok.
Rumors and LegendsEdit
His toenails appeared to be a venerated item in some places.
This is an (possibly) incomplete list of his many spells. The most widely known are:
- Mordenkainen's disjunction
- Mordenkainen's faithful hound
- Mordenkainen's magnificent mansion
- Mordenkainen's private sanctum
- Mordenkainen's sword
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ed Greenwood (June 7, 2016). Death Masks. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-6593-2
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Andy Collins, Bruce R. Cordell (July 2002). Epic Level Handbook. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 308. ISBN 0-7869-2658-9.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Ed Greenwood, Eric L. Boyd (1996). Volo's Guide to All Things Magical. (TSR, Inc), p. 109. ISBN 0-7869-0446-1.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Christopher Perkins, Tracy Hickman, Laura Hickman (March 2016). Curse of Strahd. In Kim Mohan ed. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 39–40. ISBN 978-0-7869-6598-4.
- ↑ In the "Wizards Three" series in Dragon Magazine.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Kate Novak (August 1997). Finder's Bane. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-0658-8.