Mordenkainen casting spells.
|Home||Yatil Mountains, Flanaess, Oerth|
|Born||509 CY estimated|
Mordenkainen of Oerth is the name of a prolific archmage who is responsible for many powerful and useful spells. Mordenkainen is an acquaintance of Elminster Aumar's; the two have met on numerous occasions at Ed Greenwood's house on Earth to exchange spells and lore.
Bigby was once an apprentice of his, and the two are related to some degree.
Much information is available about him, and an equal amount of misinformation.
His toenails appear to be a venerated item in some places.
This is an (possibly) incomplete list of his many spells. The most widely known are:
- Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion
- Mordenkainen's disjunction
- Mordenkainen's faithful hound
- Mordenkainen's sword
- Mordenkainen's Lucubration
- Mordenkainen's Private Sanctum
- Mordenkainen's Buzzing Bee
- Mordenkainen's Capable Caravel
- Mordenkainen's Celerity
- Mordenkainen's Defense Against Lycanthropes
- Mordenkainen's Defense Against Nonmagical Reptiles and Amphibians
- Mordenkainen's Electric Arc
- Mordenkainen's Encompassing Vision
- Mordenkainen's Faithful Phantom Defenders
- Mordenkainen's Faithful Phantom Guardian
- Mordenkainen's Faithful Phantom Shield-Maidens
- Mordenkainen's Force Missiles
- Mordenkainen's Involuntary Wizardry
- Mordenkainen's Penultimate Cogitation
- Mordenkainen's Protection From Avians
- Mordenkainen's Protection From Insects and Arachnids
- Mordenkainen's Protection From Slime
- Mordenkainen's Trusted Bloodhound
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Eric L. Boyd (1996). Volo's Guide to All Things Magical. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 0-7869-0446-1.
- ↑ In the "Wizards Three" series in Dragon Magazine.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Kate Novak (August 1997). Finder's Bane. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-0658-8.