Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||"I swear on Speartop!"||”|
|— A common oath among the lower-classed citizens of Amn.|
Mount Speartop's summit was 14,500 feet (4,400 meters) above sea level, making it one of the 20 tallest peaks in southern Faerûn. It was so tall that it could be seen from Athkatla, 20 miles (32 kilometers) away, on clear days.
Speartop was a popular climbing site for mountaineers, because while a very challenging and tall climb, it was not a relatively dangerous one, provided the climber was not foolish in proper preparation. The exception to this generalization was the northeast face of the mountain, which was especially precarious and was also home to a dragon.
A white wyrm named Icehauptannarthanyx lived on Mount Speartop, 750 feet (230 meters) below the summit on the northeast face. His lair was a nearly inaccessible cave, but he preferred to never leave it.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Scott Haring (1988). Empires of the Sands. (TSR, Inc), p. 7. ISBN 0-8803-8539-1.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Scott Haring (1988). Empires of the Sands. (TSR, Inc), p. 17. ISBN 0-8803-8539-1.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book Two: Amn. (TSR, Inc), p. 27. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend, cartography by Diesel (1997). Lands of Intrigue (Map of Lands of Intrigue). (TSR, Inc). ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book Two: Amn. (TSR, Inc), p. 26. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
- ↑ Scott Haring (1988). Empires of the Sands. (TSR, Inc), p. 4. ISBN 0-8803-8539-1.