|This article or section includes a list of references or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks in-text citations.
You can improve this article by introducing more precise citations.
|Locations on Mount Waterdeep|
|Organizations on Mount Waterdeep|
Mount Waterdeep was the name of the mountain on and around which the city of Waterdeep was built. It was a rough, rocky mountain and stood some 1,500 feet (457m) above the sea level, to the west of the city. Beneath the mountain was the notorious Undermountain. The whole of Mount Waterdeep was considered to be in the Castle Ward.
- Waterdeep's griffon eyrie sat on this mountain top.
- A lookout tower.
- A Celestial Stairway
- On its seaward side rested eleven gigantic triple catapults.
- Several sea caves existed on the western side of the mountain. These were all watched by the city guard.
- The south seacave was connected to Undermountain by a set of hoists large enough to move a sailing ship.
- The Cliffside was a steep gravel path that runs along the western edge of Mount Waterdeep's norther spur.
- The bard college of New Olamn was located on that same northern spur.
- The Spires of the Morning, a Lathander temple, was located on the northern spur.
There was a ballad that spoke an ancient city sunk into the sea and the gods raised a head stone for it to mark the grave. That was Mount Waterdeep.
Mount Waterdeep was once home to the underhalls of Melairbode, a shield dwarf hold.
Mount Waterdeep shielded the city from the worst coastal storm winds.
It was thought that the Harpers have a secret base somewhere on the mountainside.
- ↑ Elaine Cunningham (April 2003). Windwalker (Hardcover), p. 15. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-2968-5.
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition, p. 181-182. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- Eric L. Boyd (June 2005). City of Splendors: Waterdeep, p. 38, 54. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3693-2.