|This article or section includes a list of references or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks in-text citations.
You can improve this article by introducing more precise citations.
Mount Waterdeep is the name of the mountain on and around which the city of Waterdeep is bulit. It is a rough, rocky mountain and stands some 1,500 feet (457m) above the sea level, to the west of the city. Beneath the mountain is the notorious Undermountain. The whole of Mount Waterdeep is considered to be in the Castle Ward.
- Waterdeep's griffon eyrie sits on this mountain top.
- A lookout tower.
- A Celestial Staircase
- On its seaward side rest eleven gigantic triple catapults.
- Several sea caves exist on the western side of the mountain. These are all watched by the city guard.
- The south seacave is connected to Undermountain by a set of hoists large enough to move a sailing ship.
- The Cliffside is a steep gravel path that runs along the western edge of Mount Waterdeep's norther spur.
- The bard college of New Olamn is located on that same northern spur.
- The Spires of the Morning, a Lathander temple is located on the northern spur.
Mount Waterdeep was once home to the underhalls of Melairbode, a shield dwarf hold.
Mount Waterdeep shields the city from the worst coastal storm winds.
It is thought that the Harpers have a secret base somewhere on the mountainside.
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition, p. 181-182. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- Eric L. Boyd (June 2005). City of Splendors: Waterdeep, p. 38, 54. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3693-2.