|This article requires cleanup.
Please discuss this issue on the talk page and improve it if you can.
Myconids, or "Fungus men," are insidious fungal menaces from the Feywild caverns polluted by the fomorians. Myconids strive only to spread across their territories, contaminating those places with its presence. The Oasis of the Stone King, where Drizzt Do'Urden once dwelt, was home to a small community of myconids.
The myconids communicate telepathically, using spores which they blow from their mouths. Variants of these spores can also be used offensively, although they are not violent creatures and have, in fact, been known to share their territory.
A group of about 370 myconids dwell in the Lowerdark city of Fluvenilstra under the leadership of Meln, their sovereign. Although the myconids appear to do nothing, they actually control the city's defense force of shambling mounds, phantom fungi, assassin vines and other plant monsters.
- ↑ Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 230–232. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Rob Heinsoo, Stephen Schubert (May 2009). Monster Manual II (4th edition). (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 164–165. ISBN 978-0786951017.
- ↑ Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 155–156. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (1999). Drizzt Do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark. (TSR, Inc), p. 43. ISBN 0-7869-1509-9.
- ↑ Bruce R. Cordell, Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrel, Jeff Quick (October 2003). Underdark. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 149. ISBN 0-7869-3053-5.
- ↑ Bruce R. Cordell, Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrel, Jeff Quick (October 2003). Underdark. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 126–7. ISBN 0-7869-3053-5.