Necromancy is the school of magic whose spells manipulate the power of death, unlife, and the life force. Spells involving the undead make up a large portion of this school, including animate dead and finger of death. Highly focused on the Negative Energy Plane, most spells from this school drain abilities. This school is the one most associated with lichdom, a process that allows the caster to live (or rather, exist) in an undead state indefinitely by securing their essence in a receptacle known as a phylactery. A wizard who specializes in the necromantic school is called a necromancer.
- See also: Category:Necromancy spells
Notable Necromancers Edit
- Aumvor the Undying
- Sammaster the Mad
- Shoon VII
- Szass Tam
- Ysuran Auondril
- Zallanora Argentresses
- ↑ Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 174. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 57. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Steve Kurtz (1994). Al-Qadim: Cities of Bone. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 1-56076-847-9.
- ↑ Steve Kurtz (April 1, 1995). The Complete Book of Necromancers. (TSR, Inc), pp. 108–116, 118. ISBN 0-7869-0106-3.