The world of Nerath was a world on an alternate Material Plane.
Deities from this world were summoned in the Dawn War to help the gods of Realmspace to defend the newly born worlds of this Material Plane against the primordial threat. It's not known if those gods remained in Realmspace after the war.[speculation]
This world is the core setting of 4th-edition Dungeons & Dragons, commonly called the "Points of Light" world. It is home to Nentir Vale and a fallen empire called Nerath, after which this world is known.
According to Christopher Perkins, the Nentir Vale was originally conceived to be part of the Forgotten Realms setting, before being used as the setting for the Nerath world. Shadowfell Keep and the town of Winterhaven are the only places of Nentir Vale that eventually appeared in a Forgotten Realms product.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 James Wyatt (2010). The Gates of Madness. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 978-0-7869-4406-4 620-4569A-001-EN.
- ↑ Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 42. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ Richard Baker, Robert J. Schwalb (February, 2012). Heroes of the Elemental Chaos. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 32. ISBN 78-0-7869-5981-5.
- ↑ Michael E. Shea (July 2011). “Creature Incarnations: Abyssal Plague Demons”. Dungeon #192 (Wizards of the Coast).
- ↑ Christopher Perkins (2016-02-23). Christopher Perkins on Twitter. Retrieved on 2016-11-22.