This page lists common phrases and oaths in the Realms, those that are not specific to any faith or culture.
- By the great mystery
- This was exclaimed when one witnessed something magical or unnatural. Jalma cried this when chasme demons burst through her window and Vajra Valmeyjar swore it when she saw a basilisk turned to stone. [note 1]
- He/she counts like a halfling
- Someone is just being difficult for no good reason. This was a reference to how halflings were known to count the days of the week starting with their pinky fingers instead of starting with their thumbs like everyone else.
- ↑ Michael Fleisher (December 1988). “The Gathering”. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons #1 (DC Comics), p. 10.
- ↑ Michael Fleisher (January 1989). “The Bounty Seekers Of Manshaka”. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons #2 (DC Comics), p. 22.
- ↑ Michael Fleisher (March 1989). “Sorcerer's Moon”. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons #4 (DC Comics), p. 8.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 76. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.