Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This page lists common phrases and oaths in the Realms, those that are not specific to any faith or culture.
- By the great mystery
- This was exclaimed when one witnessed something magical or unnatural. Jalma cried this when chasme demons burst through her window and Vajra Valmeyjar swore it when she saw a basilisk turned to stone. [note 1]
- He/she counts like a halfling
- Someone is just being difficult for no good reason. This was a reference to how halflings were known to count the days of the week starting with their pinky fingers instead of starting with their thumbs like everyone else.
- ↑ Michael Fleisher (December 1988). “The Gathering”. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons #1 (DC Comics), p. 10.
- ↑ Michael Fleisher (January 1989). “The Bounty Seekers Of Manshaka”. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons #2 (DC Comics), p. 22.
- ↑ Michael Fleisher (March 1989). “Sorcerer's Moon”. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons #4 (DC Comics), p. 8.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 76. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.