Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|It has been suggested that this article or section be merged with Fog cloud. (Discuss)
Obscuring mist was a conjuration spell that caused fog to form around the caster. The druid evocation could be used at a range from the caster. The alteration spell obscurement was another variant of this spell. There was also an assassin's hex[note 1] by this name.
A stationary cloud of mist is created by this spell/evocation, offering concealment to those within it. It was thick enough to block sight and darkvision beyond 5 ft (1.5 m) and lasted for at least a minute. Wind and some fire effects (e.g., fireball, wall of fire) could blow or burn the fog away quickly. This spell fizzled under water.
Only verbal and somatic components were required to cast this spell.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Jeremy Crawford, Mike Mearls, James Wyatt (March 2009). Player's Handbook 2. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 86. ISBN 0-7869-5016-4.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 258. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 85. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- ↑ Monte Cook, Jonathan Tweet, Skip Williams (July 2003). Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 181. ISBN 0-7869-2889-1.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 206. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), p. 262. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (1978). Players Handbook 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), p. 57. ISBN 0-9356-9601-6.
- ↑ Skip Williams (2000). Conversion Manual. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 16.