|“||Hush! Know that we walk in the ruins of the temple of Astaroth, a demon lord of the Abyss. It is said that the demon sleeps here still, seeking to poison the words of those who wander in. Luckily, I know just the spells to ensure that he remains asleep ...||”|
|— Meraera of the Olin Gisiae |
Olin Gisir means "secret keeper" in Elven, which is precisely what these scholar-mages were. Elven lifespans were many times those of humans, and this brought along with it secrets that were best left secret.
Olin Gisiae were elite elven or half-elven lorekeepers who took it upon themselves to protect dark secrets and ancient magics from those who would have exploited them, making them much like the Cult of the Shattered Peak in that respect.
- Like most arcane magical prestige classes, Olin Gisiae gained spell capacity, caster level, and new spells, as if they had gained levels in their previous arcane spellcaster class.
- Ancient Knowledge
- Olin Gisiae gained boosts to their Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (history), and Use Magic Device checks. Bardic Knowledge was also boosted.
- Olin Gisiae learned special secrets including: Lore of tongues, Secret of health, Secret of inner strength, Lore of true stamina, Dungeon navigation, Sight of the hidden, Ancient artifice, Forgotten spell lore, Fiend warding, and Focused mind
- Signs and Portents
- Olin Gisiae could cast augury more often.
- Word of Dispel
- Olin Gisiae could cast dispel chaos, dispel evil, or dispel law.
- Word of Might
- Olin Gisiae could cast dictum, holy word, or word of chaos.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Richard Baker, Ed Bonny, Travis Stout (February 2005). Lost Empires of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 21. ISBN 0-7869-3654-1.
- ↑ Richard Baker, Ed Bonny, Travis Stout (February 2005). Lost Empires of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 22. ISBN 0-7869-3654-1.