Olostin's Hold was home to about 200 people and provided security for about 600 farmers and ranchers in the surrounding area. It was the only permanent human settlement in the High Forest. This particular section of the High Forest was sometimes referred to as Turlang's Wood. The locals were very careful to not irritate the forces of the forest. The woodcutters cut down dead trees only.
In 1372 DR circa, the inhabitants had difficulties facing the trolls driven away from the Evermoors down to the south; due to these monstrous predators the road between Yartar and Everlund became very dangerous.
- Mardan Elthondsson (Lord)
- Borstad Nomephel (Leader of the largest shrine in the town)
- Felevel the Green (a powerful druid)
- Uhrieved Hartshorn (Owner of the Flaming Flagon tavern, Zhent informant, and secret master of vicious brigands in the area)
- Aedelvana (an Arcane spellcaster)
- Keled Strongarm (constable of the town)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Ed Greenwood and Jason Carl (July 2002). Silver Marches. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 29. ISBN 0-7869-2835-2.