There were several types of optic aids available in the Realms. The most commonly available ones were the following:
- Magnifying glass
- A hand-held tool to help inspecting small objects. It could also be used to start a fire, provided that sunlight and tinder were available. A magnifying glass was a necessary equipment in a wizard's laboratory, and it was also the material component for casting the sunbeam spell. Some sets of thieves' tools also came equipped with magnifying glasses.
- A single lens that enhanced the vision for one eye.
- A pair of lenses that hung over the user's nose. It was considered an odd implement.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Jeff Grubb, Julia Martin, Steven E. Schend et al (1992). Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue. (TSR, Inc), p. 44. ISBN 0-5607-6327-2.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 150,152. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb, Julia Martin, Steven E. Schend et al (1992). Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue. (TSR, Inc), p. 15. ISBN 0-5607-6327-2.