Ordulin was the former capital of Sembia but was destroyed in a planar rift summoned by Elyril, one of Shar's followers. There was a constant ominous cloud above the city, along with a lone earthmote with a Shadovar citadel resting atop it.
The land that Ordulin later sat on was one of the first human settlements in the interior Heartlands. Then known as Moondale and considered part of the Dalelands, it was founded just after the raising of the Standing Stone. By 700 DR Moondale was a farming settlement of cleared land. Around 1067 DR, the nation of Sembia annexed Moondale and renamed it Ordulin. Ordulin was chosen as Sembia's capital as it was free of the interference of the older Sembian cites.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 177. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ Paul S. Kemp (August 2007). Shadowstorm. (Wizards of the Coast), p. ?. ISBN 978-0-7869-4304-3.
- ↑ Richard Baker (1993). The Dalelands. (TSR, Inc), p. 59. ISBN 978-1560766674.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Ed Greenwood (1990). Forgotten Realms Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 97. ISBN 0-8803-8828-5.
- ↑ Paul S. Kemp (March 2014). The Godborn. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 078696541X.