Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Orsrauns made up the majority of Turmish's western border. To the north of them lay Gulthmere Forest, to the south was the Vilhon Reach and to the west was the Shining Plains. A valley through which the Halondar passed separated the Orsrauns from the Aphrunn Mountains.
Mountains of the AlaoreumEdit
The northeastern mountains were known as the Mountains of the Alaoreum and were separated from the rest of the range by Treefall Pass. The Alaoreum were ostensibly the demesne of the dwarves of Ironfang Deep though duergar, as well as the evil inhabitants of the wider Orsrauns repeatedly pressed them.
- Ancient Ax
- Goblins who desired to conquer Ironfang.
- The son of Anaglathos.
- A clan of orcs who lived in the shadow of Mount Andrus. The vast majority were killed when that volcano erupted in 517 DR and many of those who survived were captured after they tried to occupy the ruins of Dauntshield.
- An adult red dragon who preyed on caravan traffic in the Shining Plains.
- A tribe of orcs who occupied the northern peaks and were led by a "King Highstead".
- Community of the high brows
- Led by a shaman named Oogle, the Orbrekh range was considered relatively safe thanks to these giants.
- The Shard
- An ogre clan led by Londa Ironhead who hired themselves out as mercenaries and were known for lining the edges of their weapons with obsidian. It is thought that the clan was wiped out in a battle with multiple red dragons some time in the 1360s DR.
- Tattered Cloth Legion
- A clan of kobolds from the southern peaks.
Harper agents also reported a pair of black dragons living in the westernmost mountains in 1367 DR. Rumors placed a mated pair of brass dragons in the eastern foothills and at least one copper dragon was claimed to lair in the Orsrauns as well.
- Mount Andrus
- An active volcano rumored to be the home of a great and evil entity. These rumors attracted Talassans who came to inhabit the mountain. A functioning time gate known as Andrio's Gate could also be found inside, protected from the heat of the volcano by powerful magical wards.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 221. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Jim Butler (1996). The Vilhon Reach (Dungeon Master's Guide). (TSR, Inc), p. 41. ISBN 0-7869-0400-3.
- ↑ Warning: book within boxed set not specified for The Vilhon Reach
- ↑ Tim Beach (1992). Gold & Glory. (TSR, Inc), p. 21. ISBN 1-56076-334-5.
- ↑ Template:Cite dragon/210/Elminster's notebook: The Serpent Blade
- ↑ Nigel Findley, et al. (October 1990). Draconomicon. (TSR, Inc), p. 35. ISBN 0-8803-8876-5.
- ↑ Nigel Findley, et al. (October 1990). Draconomicon. (TSR, Inc), p. 36. ISBN 0-8803-8876-5.
- ↑ Julia Martin, Eric L. Boyd (March 1996). Faiths & Avatars. (TSR, Inc), p. 67. ISBN 978-0786903849.