In 650 DR Otaaryliakkarnos served as the companion of the moon elf Avourel Omberdawn. She taught him a lot of battle tactics who earned him respect among his peers. At some point her niece was killed by dwarves in one of their old dragonmoots hunt and she resented dwarves ever since.
During the last Rage of Dragons, in 1373 DR, the Sisterhood of Essembra sought out Otaaryliakkarnos and offered the watch her while she slept, so she could withstand the effects of the Dracorage. Due to this and because of the Sisterhood open help to the dragonborn of Bahamut, Otaaryliakkarnos became an staunch ally of the song half-dragon sisters.
She was chosen to be part of Protanther's council in 1489 DR. In the guise of a human named Elia she invited a delegation from the Council of Waterdeep to speak in front of the dragons. An adventures' band send by the Council of Waterdeep may have convinced her to ally with humanoid races to stop the Cult of the Dragon and Tiamat's plots.
Otaaryliakkarnos was a righteous follower of Bahamut who had great faith in the humanoid races, with only some doubts concerning dwarves. She believed that under dragons' guidance and by following Bahamut's teachings, the lesser races could learn true and correct behavior. She always placed great value on a being's life, and if dragons' lives could be spared by an alliance with humanity, it would be a worthy arrangement.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Steven E. Schend and Kevin Melka (1998). Cormanthyr: Empire of the Elves. (TSR, Inc), p. 48. ISBN 0-7069-0761-4.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Wizards RPG Team (2014). The Rise of Tiamat. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 60. ISBN 978-0786965657.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd, Eytan Bernstein (August 2006). Dragons of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 98. ISBN 0-7869-3923-0.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd, Eytan Bernstein (August 2006). Dragons of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 99. ISBN 0-7869-3923-0.
- ↑ Wizards RPG Team (2014). The Rise of Tiamat. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 57. ISBN 978-0786965657.