Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Overking was a title used by a ruler, equivalent to a king.
The orc kingdom of Vastar was ruled by an overking. Ologh the Overking held the position and created a throne himself, but died in 572 DR, leaving the position of overking vacant. After a civil war, Grimmerfang seized the throne but took the title Orc-King instead.
The same year, the rulers of the cities of Chessenta considered some joint security measures, including the installation of an overking to protect the nation as a whole. However, they determined that none of them should be raised to overking, and argued over the selection process and possible candidates. Various factions put forth their own candidates.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Steven E. Schend and Kevin Melka (1998). Cormanthyr: Empire of the Elves. (TSR, Inc), p. 41. ISBN 0-7069-0761-4.
- ↑ Dale Donovan (January 1998). Cult of the Dragon. (TSR, Inc), p. 61. ISBN 0-7869-0709-6.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Ed Greenwood (November 1998). The City of Ravens Bluff. (TSR, Inc), p. 143–144. ISBN 0-7869-1195-6.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Julia Martin, Jeff Grubb (1993). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 2nd edition (revised), Running the Realms. (TSR, Inc), p. 19. ISBN 1-5607-6617-4.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (1993). The Code of the Harpers. (TSR, Inc), p. 37. ISBN 1-56076-644-1.