|This article requires cleanup.
Please discuss this issue on the talk page and improve it if you can. This article has been tagged since Darkwynters (talk) 01:30, August 12, 2015 (UTC).
Owls are nocturnal birds of prey that are known to silently fly through the night in search of food. They feed on small animals, lizards, and other birds. Owls come in a variety of names and appearances.
One disturbing trait of owls is their ability to turn their heads to face completely backwards. They evolved this ability to find prey without having to turn around and give away their position in the forest. Owls are further aided by the structure of their wings. Their wing beats produce no noise, allowing them to approach their targets in utter silence.
Owls are sought out by sages and scholars as they are seen as an excellent companion for those who are considered wise and learned.
The goddess Selûne was known to show her favor by sending owls as an omen or guide.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|
- Star of Cursrah
- The Jewel of Turmish
- The Shadow Stone
- Unbroken Chain: The Darker Road
- The Last Mythal trilogy
- Queen of the Depths
- Sword Play
- Computer games
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 333. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- ↑ Julia Martin, Eric L. Boyd (March 1996). Faiths & Avatars. (TSR, Inc), p. 135. ISBN 978-0786903849.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood and Jason Carl (July 2002). Silver Marches. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 41. ISBN 0-7869-2835-2.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (June 2006). Sojourn. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-4007-7.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (August 6, 2013). The Companions. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 97. ISBN 0-7869-6371-9.