Piergeiron the Paladinson was the Open Lord of Waterdeep throughout most of the 1300s DR and leader of the Lords' Alliance. He lived in Piergeiron's Palace in Waterdeep. Usually, the identities of the Lords of Waterdeep are concealed from the people, but Piergeiron was one of only four whose identities were known, the others being Ahghairon, Baeron, and Lhestyn. Piergeiron was personally guarded by Madeiron Sunderstone.
Piergeiron was tall, muscular and handsome with slightly greying hair.
Piergeiron did not speak very often and when he did, he spoke very slowly. This had led to some of those around him nicknaming him "the Thickskull," although never in his presence.
Piergerion's father Athar, "the Shining Knight," was famed for slaying the great red wyrm Kistarianth the Red. Decades later, during Halaster's Higharvestide, Piergeiron would slay Kistarianth himself when the dragon rose again as a dracolich. Piergeiron was married to Maethiira, but she died in 1344 DR, leaving him with one daughter, Aleena Paladinstar, who left Waterdeep to explore the planes.
Piergeiron, after a career in the City Guard, became the Open Lord of Waterdeep in 1314 DR and as of 1374 DR, maintains this position. He was noted as being "well past 50 winters" at the end of 1367 DR but his actual age was unknown.
- ↑ Paul Jaquays (1988). The Savage Frontier. (TSR, Inc), p. 9. ISBN 0-88038-593-6.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Eric L. Boyd (June 2005). City of Splendors: Waterdeep. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 53. ISBN 0-7869-3693-2.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood and Steven E. Schend (July 1994). “Campaign Guide”. City of Splendors (TSR, Inc), p. 67. ISBN 0-5607-6868-1.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (June 2005). City of Splendors: Waterdeep. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 11. ISBN 0-7869-3693-2.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood and Steven E. Schend (July 1994). “Campaign Guide”. City of Splendors (TSR, Inc), p. 70. ISBN 0-5607-6868-1.