Piergeiron the Paladinson was the Open Lord of Waterdeep throughout most of the 1300s DR and leader of the Lords' Alliance. He lived in Piergeiron's Palace in Waterdeep. Usually, the identities of the Lords of Waterdeep were concealed from the people, but Piergeiron was one of only four whose identities were known, the others being Ahghairon, Baeron, and Lhestyn. Piergeiron was personally guarded by Madeiron Sunderstone.
Piergeiron was tall, muscular, and handsome with slightly greying hair.
Piergeiron did not speak very often and when he did, he spoke very slowly. This led to some of those around him nicknaming him "the Thickskull," although never in his presence.
Piergerion's father Athar, "the Shining Knight", was famed for slaying the great red wyrm Kistarianth the Red. In 1369 DR, during Halaster's Higharvestide, Piergeiron would slay Kistarianth himself when the dragon rose again as a dracolich.
In the Year of Shadows, 1358 DR, during the Time of Troubles, a purported avatar of Selûne arrived in Waterdeep. Khelben Arunsun and Piergeiron covertly watched her arrival at the House of the Moon, discussing the need for caution.
Later, a group of lawyers approached Lord Piergeiron with an offer. The lawyers promised to streamline the handling of civil disputes as these took up increasing amounts of the Lord's Court's time. They pushed Piergeiron for an agreement and he unwisely and hastily agreed, signing a contract between the lawyers and the city. Furthermore, Piergeiron had his own attorney. However, the lawyers were more interested in the letter of the law, while Piergeiron simply made rulings based on their recommendations. Khelben hatched a plan to force the lawyers to renege on their contract and evict them from the city.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Eric L. Boyd (June 2005). City of Splendors: Waterdeep. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 53. ISBN 0-7869-3693-2.
- ↑ Paul Jaquays (1988). The Savage Frontier. (TSR, Inc), p. 9. ISBN 0-88038-593-6.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood and Steven E. Schend (July 1994). “Campaign Guide”. City of Splendors (TSR, Inc), p. 67. ISBN 0-5607-6868-1.
- ↑ Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 149. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Eric L. Boyd (June 2005). City of Splendors: Waterdeep. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 11. ISBN 0-7869-3693-2.
- ↑ Dan Mishkin (June 1990). “Selune Rising”. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons #19 (DC Comics), p. 14.
- ↑ Dan Mishkin (November 1990). “Lawyers!”. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons #23 (DC Comics), pp. 9–10,23.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood and Steven E. Schend (July 1994). “Campaign Guide”. City of Splendors (TSR, Inc), p. 70. ISBN 0-5607-6868-1.