Planetars (pronounced: /ˈplɑːnɛtɑːrz/ PLAN-eh-tarz) were a race of angels inhabiting the celestial planes. They were the mighty generals of celestial armies that had also been known to help powerful mortals on missions of good, particularly those that involved battles with fiends. Planetars were known to be in service to the deities Deneir and Ilmater.
A planetar appeared as a handsome humanoid creature with blue or green skin. They had white-feathered wings, stood about 9 feet tall, and weighed about 500 pounds.
OutlookEditPlanetars were soldiers, first and foremost. They served as the generals of divine armies and sought to slay every evil creature set in their path. While they did understand the need for diplomacy, they preferred a straight battle to any other form of accomplishing a divine mission. Despite their vast array of magical powers, planetars were more likely to wade into melee with their powerful greatswords.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 17. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- ↑ Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 11–12. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ J. Paul LaFountain (1991). Monstrous Compendium: Outer Planes Appendix. In Timothy B. Brown ed. (TSR, Inc.), p. 5. ISBN 1-56076-055-9.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet and Monte Cook (October 2000). Monster Manual 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 29. ISBN 0-7869-1552-1.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds (2002). Deity Do's and Don'ts. A Faiths and Pantheons Web Enhancement. Wizards of the Coast. pp. 10–15. Retrieved on 2014-09-22.
- ↑ Thomas M. Reid, Sean K. Reynolds (Nov. 2005). Champions of Valor. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 129–130. ISBN 0-7869-3697-5.