Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This spell could be cast on living plants, from patches of moss or lichen to full-grown trees. When cast, it converted up to seven plants that were within 105 ft (32 m) of the caster into magical spears that flew toward one designated target and attacked in melee combat. Higher level casters could create more spears and extend the range. The duration of the spell was four minutes, so each spear could attack up to four times before the spell ended. The caster could specify at the time of casting whether or not the plant lances should stop if the target died (thus preserving the corpse from further damage). When the spell expired, all the lances withered away to nothing.
The druid did not have to concentrate on the plant lances after casting this spell. Each spear attacked with the skill of a 13th level fighter and did triple the damage of a light crossbow bolt upon a successful strike. The lances remained living plants for the duration of the spell and were subject to other spells that could affect living plants. For comparison purposes, each spear was equivalent to a +1 magical weapon.
In addition to verbal and somatic components, this spell required living plants, one per spear, that were consumed when the spell expired.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Julia Martin, Eric L. Boyd (March 1996). Faiths & Avatars. (TSR, Inc), p. 50. ISBN 978-0786903849.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 91. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), p. 121. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 68. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), p. 94. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.