Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This spell was almost identical to protection from fire except it absorbed damage due to electricity and electrical effects instead of heat and fire. It also had the unusual property of having different effects when cast on oneself or on another creature. When cast on oneself, an aura surrounded the caster that absorbed electrical damage up to a maximum based on the caster's level. When cast on another creature, protection from lightning greatly improved the chances of avoiding some of the damage and reduced any remaining damage by half. The duration of the protection was 10 minutes per level of the caster, or until the aura had absorbed its full amount of shock damage.
Verbal and somatic components were required to cast this spell, as well as the caster's holy symbol.
- ↑ This spell was removed from (or inadvertently left out of) the Protection sphere by the Player's Option: Spells & Magic. See page 188.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 28, 219. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 39, 278. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.
- ↑ Cook, Findley, Herring, Kubasik, Sargent, Swan (1991). Tome of Magic 2nd edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 154. ISBN 1-56076-107-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), p. 188. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Gary Gygax (1978). Players Handbook 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), p. 60. ISBN 0-9356-9601-6.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 219. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), p. 278. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.