A purple dragon ring is a brass ring inscribed with the purple dragon symbol of the Obarskyr royal family, and they are usually worn by the Purple Dragon Knights to protect the royal family from harm. By 1372 DR it has been reported that over 4000 of these rings had been made. If this ring is worn on the same hand as a commander's ring, they are treated as one ring.
- The ring has the ability to produce a magical light source up to 40' (12m) away. This light source will last up to about 10 minutes.
- The ring also can be activated to detect poison in gases, liquids and solids that it comes into contact with. It glows a golden-green colour if poison is present.
- While activated, it will also glow bright blue if placed in contact with anything "enchanted".
Known Owners or UsersEdit
- Mirt the Moneylender
- Purple Dragon Rank, Lionar and above will normally have one of these rings..
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Ed Greenwood (July 1995). Volo's Guide to Cormyr, p. 235. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-0151-9.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds, Duane Maxwell, Angel McCoy (August 2001). Magic of Faerûn, p. 147. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-1964-7.
- ↑ Warning: edition not specified for Crown of Fire
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (July 1995). Volo's Guide to Cormyr, p. 236. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-0151-9.
2nd Edition D&D