A purple dragon ring was a brass ring inscribed with the purple dragon symbol of the Obarskyr royal family of Cormyr, and they were usually worn by the Purple Dragons to protect the royal family from harm. In 1372 DR, it was reported that over 4000 of these rings had been made.
The ring had the ability to produce a magical light source up to 40' (12 m) away. This light source would last up to about 10 minutes.
While activated, it would also glow bright blue if placed in contact with anything "enchanted".
Known Owners or UsersEdit
- Mirt the Moneylender
- Purple Dragons: Ranks of lionar and above would normally have one of these rings..
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Sean K. Reynolds, Duane Maxwell, Angel McCoy (August 2001). Magic of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 147. ISBN 0-7869-1964-7.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Ed Greenwood (July 1995). Volo's Guide to Cormyr. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 235. ISBN 0-7869-0151-9.
- ↑ Warning: edition not specified for Crown of Fire
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (July 1995). Volo's Guide to Cormyr. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 236. ISBN 0-7869-0151-9.