Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article requires cleanup.
Please discuss this issue on the talk page and improve it if you can.
Quasits are chaotic evil outsiders. Standing about 1.5-2 feet in size and weighing about 8 pounds, they resemble tiny humanoids with spiky horns and bat wings. They are drawn to become the familiars of mages who match their demonic alignment.
A quasit is a tiny demon that delights in tormenting mortals with vicious – and often lethal – pranks. They delight in causing mischief and mayhem. Sometimes, a quasit will bind itself to a mortal spellcaster to act as a familiar. These demons do so as a means to corrupt the mortal wizard into using her magic as destructively as possible.
Similar to its devilish counterpart, the imp, the quasit is a tiny demon which strikes from ambush and uses shape shifting (via its Alternate Shape ability) and invisibility to enter combat at the best moment to administer its poison. Though weak, it still has the innate qualities of a demon, and quasits rarely attack alone or without the ability to escape. For these reasons, it is still a somewhat challenging foe for adventurers.
A tiny humanoid-shaped creature with spiky horns and bat wings hovers nearby. Its hands and feet are long and slender, with long, claw-tipped digits. Warts or pustules cover its greenish skin. Quasits are insidious demons from the Abyss. They are often found serving chaotic evil spellcasters as counselors and spies. In its natural form, a quasit stands about 1-1/2 feet tall and weighs about 8 pounds. Quasits speak Common and Abyssal.
A quasit stands about 2 feet tall and weighs 8 pounds. They appear to be tiny gargoyle-like creatures with small leathery wings and a vicious fang-filled mouth that drips with poison.
Although quasits thirst for victory and power as other demons do, they are cowards at heart. They typically attack from ambush, using their alternate form ability and invisibility to get within reach, then try to scuttle away. When retreating, they use their cause fear ability to deter pursuit.
|This article or section contains Dungeons & Dragons gameplay mechanics in violation of the "no crunch" rule.
Please help improve this article by removing the relevant information or rewriting it so as to reflect an in-universe perspective.
- A quasit’s natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as chaotic-aligned and evil-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
- Poison (Ex): Drains dexterity.
- Spell-Like Abilities: At will—detect good, detect magic, and invisibility (self only); 1/day—cause fear (as the spell, except that its area is a 30-foot radius centered on the quasit). Caster level 6th.
- Once per week a quasit can use commune to ask six questions. The ability otherwise works as the spell (caster level 12th).
- Alternate Form (Su): A quasit can assume other forms at will as a standard action. This ability functions as a polymorph spell cast on itself (caster level 12th), except that a quasit does not regain hit points for changing form, and any individual quasit can assume only one or two forms no larger than Medium. Common forms include bat, monstrous centipede, toad, and wolf. A quasit in alternate form loses its poison attack.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 63. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 46. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet and Monte Cook (October 2000). Monster Manual 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 43. ISBN 0-7869-1552-1.
Caligrosto • Guecubu • Manitou
Alkilith • Arrow demon • Babau • Balor • Bar-lgura • Cerebrilith • Chasme • Glabrezu • Goristro • Hezrou • Immolith • Kastighur • Klurichir • Mane • Marilith • Maurezhi • Molydeus • Nalfeshnee • Orlath • Sorrowsworn demon • Uridezu • Vrock • Yochlol
Abyssal drake • Bebilith • Dretch • Ghour • Kazrith • Quasit • Retriever • Shadow demon • Wastrilith • Yochlol