The Quelpart was an island and fortress lying between Kang Bay and the Sea of Kozakura, off the coast of the Koryo Peninsula. It was important to the defense of Koryo, particularly against Kozakura, being the staging area of the kingdom's entire armada.[note 1]
- ↑ Like many sites in Koryo, Quelpart shares a name with a real-world counterpart: Jeju, an island and province of Korea that was given the Dutch name "Quelpart". In the Realms, Quelpart shares this origin with the island of Saishu and the settlement of Cheju.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Mike Pondsmith, Jay Batista, Rick Swan, John Nephew, Deborah Christian (1988). Kara-Tur: The Eastern Realms (Volume II). (TSR, Inc), p. 118. ISBN 0-88038-608-8.
- ↑ Mike Pondsmith, Jay Batista, Rick Swan, John Nephew, Deborah Christian (1988). Kara-Tur: The Eastern Realms (Maps). (TSR, Inc). ISBN 0-88038-608-8.
- ↑ (1989). Kara-Tur Trail Map. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 0-88038-783-7.
- ↑ Karen Wynn Fonstad (August 1990). The Forgotten Realms Atlas. (TSR, Inc), p. 19. ISBN 978-0880388573.