Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Random action is an enchantment spell that causes one creature to act randomly for one round.
The enchanted creature is compelled to act randomly for 1 round. Rather than deciding its action for itself, the subject of the spell takes an action determined randomly by the roll of a d8.
- Result of 1
- Attack self (succeed on any roll other than a natural 1).
- Result of 2
- Attack nearest being (for this purpose, a familiar counts as part of the subject's "self").
- Result of 3
- Flee away from caster at top possible speed.
- Result of 4
- Drop anything held.
- Result of 5
- Stand motionless (as if stunned).
- Result of 6
- Do nothing but defend (total defense).
- Result of 7
- Speak (in the subject’s native tongue, usually regarding surface thoughts) or make noises (if not capable of speech).
- Result of 8
- Attack caster with melee or ranged weapons (or close with caster if attacking is not possible).
Nothing can affect this die roll in any way. It is always entirely random.
Note: Nonintelligent creatures are immune to mind-affecting spells.
- Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (August 2000). Player's Handbook 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-1551-4.
- Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 62–66. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.