|This article requires cleanup. Reason: See Talk page
Please discuss this issue on the talk page and improve it if you can. This article has been tagged since 04:45, March 26, 2016 (UTC).
You create powerful magic in some specially prepared object - a statuette, a jeweled rod, a gem, etc. This object contains the power to instantaneously transport its possessor across any distance within the same plane to your abode. Once the item is conjured, you must give it willingly to an individual and at the same time inform him of a command word to be spoken when the item is to be used. To make use of the item, the subject speaks the command word at the same time that he rends or breaks the item. When this is done, the individual and all that he is wearing and carrying are instantaneously transported to your abode.
You can alter the spell when casting it so that it transports you to within a couple feet of the possessor of the item when it is broken and the command word spoken. You will have a general idea of the location and situation of the item possessor at the time the refuge spell is discharged, but once deciding to alter the spell in this fashion you have no choice whether or not to be transported.
The specially prepared object, whose construction includes gems worth 1,500 gp.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 62–66. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 269–270. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 197, 235. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ Mark Middleton et al (September 1998). Wizard's Spell Compendium Volume Four. (TSR, Inc), p. 889. ISBN 978-0786912094.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 153. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ Skip Williams (2000). Conversion Manual. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 16.
- ↑ SpellIndex. Consolidated Lists. Wizards of the Coast (2005-12-19). Retrieved on 2007-06-10.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Ed Greenwood (1990). Forgotten Realms Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 152. ISBN 0-8803-8828-5.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (February 2005). Spellfire. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 206. ISBN 0-7869-3599-5.