Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The River Ith was the longest river in Tethyr. It began in the Snowflake Mountains and Omlarandin Mountains and flowed west across Tethyr, passing through the capital city of Darromar (formerly Ithmong) and into the sea at the Sword Coast a few miles west of Myratma. The river formed the southern border of the Purple Marches, Crown Lands, and Golden Marches and the northern border of Ankaram Duchy and Suretmarch.
In addition to being the longest river in Tethyr, the River Ith was also the fastest, deepest, coldest, and most dangerous. East of Darromar, the only safe place to cross the river was Survale Ford. West of Darromar, the river was calmer, and after Darromar became Tethyr's capital in 1367 DR, barge traffic on that part of the river increased.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book One: Tethyr. (TSR, Inc.), p. 56. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition (map). (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book One: Tethyr (back cover). (TSR, Inc.). ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book One: Tethyr. (TSR, Inc.), p. 41. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book One: Tethyr. (TSR, Inc.), p. 24. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.