The Rauvin was often called the Road Through the Marches. The icy and clear waters of the river were navigable up to the River Redrun near Sundabar. Trade-barges and rafts shuttled goods and folks throughout the North and from the Sword Coast cities. The river was drinkable and fishing was plentiful. There were many shalass, lout, rock eels, river crabs, and turtles living in the river.
Orcs and barbarians shot fire arrows at the traders who sailed on the river. Generally, the boats which were sailing upstream were also towed by mules or horses. Bandits and robbers often lied in ambush along the shore.
- A city though which the River Rauvin passed.
- A city of humans and dwarves on the river.
- Dead Orc Pass
- The River Rauvin decended hrough a series of waterfalls beneath this cleft.
- Moon Pass
- Where the River Rauvin cut the Nether Mountains in half.
|This Realmslore article about a geographical location is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Ed Greenwood and Jason Carl (July 2002). Silver Marches. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 19. ISBN 0-7869-2835-2.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 174. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Paul Jaquays (1988). The Savage Frontier. (TSR, Inc), p. 46. ISBN 0-88038-593-6.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood and Jason Carl (July 2002). Silver Marches. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 17. ISBN 0-7869-2835-2.