The province of sand in the Zakharan view of magic was a group of spells related to the element of earth, taking its name from one of its most common forms in the desert lands of the Land of Fate. Many of its spells contained and used sand as an essential part.
Elemental mages in Zakhara specialized exclusively in one province, like sand, while sorcerers took spells from two provinces, shunning the other two. Unlike elementalists, they recognized no opposition between sand and the other three elements in the Land of Fate.
Paths of powerEdit
- Road of Shifting Sands, mainly concerned with moving and shaping sand
- Glassblower's Path, manipulating and transforming sand
- Sandman's Path, inducing sleep and easing travel
- Road of the Dao, comprising spells to protect one against the elements and affect elemental sand/earth creatures
- ↑ Paths to power are an alternative system of rules for the spell progression and learning of spells by wizards for 2nd edition Dungeons & Dragons. They could therefore be considered non-canon.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 111. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), pp. 40–41. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb (August 1992). Land of Fate (Adventurer's Guide to Zakhara). (TSR, Inc), pp. 9–10, cover. ISBN 978-1560763291.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb (August 1992). Land of Fate (Maps). (TSR, Inc). ISBN 978-1560763291.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), pp. 114–150. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ Sam Witt (January 1994). The Complete Sha'ir's Handbook. (TSR, Inc), pp. 113–122. ISBN 978-1560768289.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 31–32, 81. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (August 2000). Player's Handbook 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 172. ISBN 0-7869-1551-4.
- ↑ Cook, Findley, Herring, Kubasik, Sargent, Swan (1991). Tome of Magic 2nd edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 9. ISBN 1-56076-107-5.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 Wolfgang Baur and Steve Kurtz (April 1995). “Paths of Power”. In Kim Mohan ed. Dragon #216 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 42–49.
Schools of effect
Air • Earth • Fire • Water • Dimension • Incantation • Shadow
Schools of thaumaturgy
Artifice • Song • Wild magic
Zakharan provinces of magic
Flame • Sand • Sea • Wind • Universal
Netherese Fields of Mythal
Inventive • Mentalism • Variation
Chronomancy • Hishna • Pluma • Paths of power