|Title(s)|| The All-Seeing |
He of the Third Eye
Lord of Divination
|Symbol||Crystal ball containing many kinds of eyes|
|Power level|| Dead power |
|Portfolio|| Divination |
|Domains||Arcana, Fate, Knowledge, Law, Spells|
|Worshipers||Diviners, judges, monks, seekers of truth, spellcasters|
|Worshiper alignments|| |
|Favored weapon||The eye of Savras (dagger)|
Savras (pronounced SAV-ras ) was a god of mages and wizards in the service of Mystra, goddess of magic. Some say he was once a mortal, one of the mighty mages who constructed the portals beneath the city of Raven's Bluff. He is portrayed as a man with a crystalline face, clear to all who see him. His statements are clear, concise, and rarely what the listener wishes to hear. Savras' symbol is a crystal ball with many monstrous eyes.
Savras is worshiped in both north and south as a god of diviners and truth-speakers. His clergy is still sparse, as Savras has just been released from his centuries-old prison. Savras's only famous servant was Alaundo of Candlekeep, the one true prophet of the Realms.
Savras is particularly beloved in the nations of the Chultan Peninsula (Tashalar, Samarach, Nimbral, and so on), where scrying and spying are practically the national pastimes due to the inhabitants' fear of the yuan-ti.
- Benign Order of the Third Eye
- A secret cult would seem to be anathema for a god devoted to finding the truth but in 1371 DR, such a cult did form. Consisting mainly of archivists (and incidentally containing the highest concentration of archivists of any group in the Realms) the Benign Order's members were all granted a vision from Savras where he impressed upon them the need to collect magic and lore in preparation for an upcoming battle with Cyric. Unfortunately, the Order was overzealous in its search and became known for graverobbing.
Savras, along with Velsharoon, serves Azuth, who is his superior, and thus is serving Mystra, indirectly. Following some dramatic events, he has a cold relationship with Azuth, which has steadily grown to a mutual respect.
Savras, as a demigod and Azuth, a wizard with god-like abilities, duelled; this was due to Azuth contending for Savras' place. Thereafter, Savras fell, with Azuth becoming the one god of wizards. Savras was imprisoned in the Scepter of Savras by Azuth, where he remained until the Time of Troubles. Following this, Azuth agreed to release Savras in exchange for a pledge of fealty, leading to their current dynamic. An unthinkable catastrophe ensues when Cyric, aided and abetted by Shar, murders Mystra in Dweomerheart. The plane itself disintegrates at once, destroying Savras and sending the gods Azuth and Velsharoon reeling into the endless Astral Sea.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 235. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 104. ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
- ↑ Obsidian Entertainment (2008). Tony Evans. Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir. Atari.
- ↑ Reynolds, Forbeck, Jacobs, Boyd (March 2003). Races of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 106. ISBN 0-7869-2875-1.
- ↑ Eytan Bernstein (2007-05-09). Archivists and Dread Necromancers. Class Chronicles. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2013-09-30.
- Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
|Deities of the Era of Upheaval|
|Ao the Overgod|
|Greater Deities of Faerûn|
|Angharradh | Bane | Chauntea | Corellon Larethian | Cyric | Garl Glittergold | Gruumsh | Horus-Re | Kelemvor | Lathander | Moradin | Mystra | Oghma | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talos | Tempus | Tyr | Yondalla|
|Other Deities of Faerûn|
|Abbathor | Arvoreen | Baervan Wildwanderer | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Duerra | Deep Sashelas | Dumathoin | Erevan Ilesere | Flandal Steelskin | Gond | Hanali Celanil | Helm | Ilmater | Isis | Labelas Enoreth | Laduguer | Lolth | Mask | Mielikki | Nephthys | Osiris | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Segojan Earthcaller | Selûne | Set | Sharindlar | Sheela Peryroyl | Solonor Thelandira | Thoth | |Tymora | Umberlee | Urdlen | Vergadain|