Savras (pronounced SAV-ras) was a god of mages and wizards in the service of Mystra, goddess of magic. Some said he was once a mortal, one of the mighty mages who constructed the portals beneath the city of Raven's Bluff.
Once Savras was a mortal wizard of Halruaa. Savras, a demigod, and Azuth, a wizard with god-like abilities, once duelled when Azuth contended for Savras' place. Savras fell, with Azuth becoming the one god of wizards. Savras was imprisoned in the Scepter of Savras by Azuth, where he remained until the Time of Troubles.
Following this, Azuth agreed to release Savras in exchange for a pledge of fealty.
An unthinkable catastrophe ensued when Cyric, aided and abetted by Shar, murdered Mystra in Dweomerheart. The plane itself disintegrated at once, destroying Savras and sending the gods Azuth and Velsharoon reeling into the endless Astral Sea.
He was portrayed as a man with a crystalline face, clear to all who saw him. His statements were clear, concise, and rarely what the listener wished to hear. Savras' symbol was a crystal ball with many monstrous eyes.
Savras, along with Velsharoon, served Azuth, who was his superior, and thus served Mystra indirectly. Following some dramatic events, he had a cold relationship with Azuth, which had steadily grown to a mutual respect.
Savras was worshiped in both the north and south as both a god of diviners and truth-speakers. His clergy was still sparse in the late 14th century DR, as Savras had just been released from his centuries-old prison. Savras's only famous servant was Alaundo of Candlekeep, the one true prophet of the Realms.
Savras was particularly beloved in the nations of the Chultan Peninsula (Tashalar, Samarach, Nimbral, and so on, where scrying and spying were practically the national pastimes because the inhabitants' fear of the yuan-ti.
- Benign Order of the Third Eye
- A secret cult would seem to be anathema for a god devoted to finding the truth but in 1371 DR, such a cult did form. Consisting mainly of archivists (and incidentally containing the highest concentration of archivists of any group in the Realms) the Benign Order of the Third Eye's members were all granted a vision from Savras where he impressed upon them the need to collect magic and lore in preparation for an upcoming battle with Cyric. Unfortunately, the Order was overzealous in its search and became known for graverobbing.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 235. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 104. ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds, Duane Maxwell, Angel McCoy (August 2001). Magic of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 6. ISBN 0-7869-1964-7.
- ↑ Obsidian Entertainment (2008). Tony Evans. Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir. Atari.
- ↑ Reynolds, Forbeck, Jacobs, Boyd (March 2003). Races of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 106. ISBN 0-7869-2875-1.
- ↑ Eytan Bernstein (2007-05-09). Archivists and Dread Necromancers. Class Chronicles. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2016-05-21.
- Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
|Deities of the Era of Upheaval|
|Ao the Overgod|
|Greater Deities of Faerûn|
|Angharradh | Bane | Chauntea | Corellon Larethian | Cyric | Garl Glittergold | Gruumsh | Horus-Re | Kelemvor | Lathander | Moradin | Mystra | Oghma | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talos | Tempus | Tyr | Yondalla|
|Other Deities of Faerûn|
|Abbathor | Arvoreen | Baervan Wildwanderer | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Duerra | Deep Sashelas | Dumathoin | Erevan Ilesere | Flandal Steelskin | Gond | Hanali Celanil | Helm | Ilmater | Isis | Labelas Enoreth | Laduguer | Lolth | Mask | Mielikki | Nephthys | Osiris | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Segojan Earthcaller | Selûne | Set | Sharindlar | Sheela Peryroyl | Solonor Thelandira | Thoth | |Tymora | Umberlee | Urdlen | Vergadain|