Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Wikipedia has an article about:|
A scythe is a farm implement that can be used as a two-handed, martial melee weapon.
A scythe is a long, curved, sharp-pointed, one-sided blade mounted at 90° on a shaped haft and is normally used for harvesting wheat or corn. The blade is tilted and the haft is shaped to make it easy to swing just above the ground and cut the crop stalks. One or two handles may jut out of the haft to make it more comfortable to swing in a mowing fashion. The military version of this tool will be a bit straighter, reinforced, and balanced for war. An average scythe costs 18gp and weighs 10lbs (4.5kg).
The scythe can be used for piercing or slashing attacks in the same manner as some pole arms, like halberds, but is not a reach weapon. It takes two hands to wield a scythe and some training to use effectively, so it is classified as a martial weapon. Because the blade is long and slightly curved, it can be used to trip opponents.
The scythe is not mentioned in the 1st or 2nd edition player handbooks.
|This section is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|
- Scythes are the favored weapon of followers of Myrkul.
- The favored weapon of the deity Chauntea is a scythe.
- In Neverwinter Nights and Neverwinter Nights 2, a scythe can be bought in many stores.
- ↑ Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 117. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 115,117. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 120. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.