It sat atop three stone hills on the northern banks of the southern-running Unicorn Run river and the western-running River Delimbiyr. Directly south of the town was the dangerous High Moor. To the north, along the Secomber Trail, was Uluvin.
It was a peaceful community with a number of colorful gardens.
Farming, fishing, and stone-cutting were the primary occupations, but it also had a number of folk familiar with the High Forest. Some locals hire themselves out as guides or guards for the passing caravans.
The town welcomed and catered to travelers and caravans, especially adventurers who based themselves out of the town as they explored the High Moor and the High Forest.
From time to time, gargoyles and other creatures were discovered and unleashed from the Athalantan ruins. Adventurers were called on to deal with them, though adventurers had likely inadvertently released them in the first place.
- Inns and taverns
- Tower of Amelior Amanitas, the home of the famed alchemist and sage of the North
- A small palisaded fort atop a hill housing about 30 soldiers provided by the Lords' Alliance.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 slade, Ed Greenwood, Julia Martin, Steven E. Schend, Paul Jaquays, Steve Perrin (April 1996). The North: Guide to the Savage Frontier (The Wilderness). (TSR, Inc), p. 76. ISBN 0-7869-0391-0.
- ↑ Paul Jaquays (1988). The Savage Frontier. (TSR, Inc), p. 32. ISBN 0-88038-593-6.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 228. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 slade (April 1996). The North: Guide to the Savage Frontier (Cities and Civilization). (TSR, Inc), p. 63. ISBN 0-7869-0391-0.
- ↑ slade (April 1996). The North: Guide to the Savage Frontier (Map of Interior, Silverymoon, Longsaddle, Yartar). (TSR, Inc). ISBN 0-7869-0391-0.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood “Athalantar:the Early Realms”. Dragon #228 (TSR, Inc.), p. 26.
- ↑ Richard Baker, Ed Bonny, Travis Stout (February 2005). Lost Empires of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 88. ISBN 0-7869-3654-1.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 slade (April 1996). The North: Guide to the Savage Frontier (Cities and Civilization). (TSR, Inc), p. 64. ISBN 0-7869-0391-0.