|Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land|
|Author(s)|| Richard Baker, Eric L. Boyd, |
and Thomas M. Reid
|Publisher||Wizards of the Coast|
|Preceded by|| Cormyr: The Tearing of |
|Followed by||Anauroch: The Empire of Shade|
|“|| Elminster’s tower lies in ruins, and the town of Shadowdale has been conquered by evil Sharrans and the nefarious forces of Zhentil Keep. To drive the villains out of Shadowdale, the heroes must organize and lead a desperate revolt of Dalesfolk against their conquerors, as well as thwart the sinister designs of Shar’s servants and the Zhent garrison.
Shadowdale: The Weave Unwinding is the second part of a three-part series of 160-page hardcover super-adventures set in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting, although it can be easily played as a stand-alone adventure. In addition to encounters, this book contains detailed source material on the town of Shadowdale and environs.
The combined forces of the Zhentarim, the Drow of House Dhuurniv, and Esvele Greycastle of the Church of Shar overwhelm Shadowdale, after a preliminary raid destroys Elminster Aumar's tower and leaves him missing. It's up to the adventurers to save the legendary Dale from the oppression of these dark forces, as a dead magic zone emanates and grows from somewhere within the area.
- Chapter 1: Dale under Shadow - Arrival.
- Chapter 2: Castle Krag - has been transformed into "a bastion of Bane, complete with a portal to Zhentil Keep, supplying reinforcements.
- Chapter 3: Dread Lair of Alokkair - Esvele Greycastle and the Lich Alokkair are performing rites to expand the tear in the Weave and render it useless within the dale.
- Chapter 4: Azmear's Folly - The Matron sisters of House Dhuurniv have reclaimed the Twisted Tower (aka "Azmaer's Folly" after the last drow marshal who held it).
- Chapter 5: Uprising - Facing off with remaining Zhentish forces and the High Captain Scyllua Darkhope.
|3rd and 3.5 edition|
|Champions of Ruin · Champions of Valor · City of Splendors: Waterdeep · Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave · Dragons of Faerûn · Faiths and Pantheons · Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting · Ghostwalk · Lords of Darkness · Lost Empires of Faerûn · Magic of Faerûn · Monsters of Faerûn · Mysteries of the Moonsea · Player's Guide to Faerûn · Power of Faerûn · Races of Faerûn · Serpent Kingdoms · Shining South · Silver Marches · Unapproachable East · Underdark|
|The Grand History of the Realms|
|3rd and 3.5 edition adventures|
|Anauroch: The Empire of Shade · City of the Spider Queen · Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave · Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land · Sons of Gruumsh · The Twilight Tomb|