Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Shatter (originally called Aksa's shatter) was a sonic spell from the school of evocation, common among both arcane and divine spellcasting traditions. It was one of the spells infused within a staff of open doors.
Casting of this spell produced a tintinnabulation of sound so powerful that it could damage or shatter brittle objects, including crystalline creatures, such as crysmals. It was one of the only spells that could damage a demilich.
The spell had a close range and could be targeted over an area of ten feet (three meters) in diameter or focused on a single target item or creature.
To cast this spell required verbal and somatic components. In addition, a cleric had to clutch his or her (un)holy symbol, and an arcane spellcaster had to use a chip of mica, which was consumed in the process.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), p. 23. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 207–211, 275. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 62. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 278. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 145. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), p. 185. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- ↑ Barry A. A. Dillinger (May 1996). “The Dimensional Wizard”. In Pierce Watters ed. Dragon #229 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 50–52.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 152. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds, Duane Maxwell, Angel McCoy (August 2001). Magic of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 150. ISBN 0-7869-1964-7.
- ↑ Wolfgang Baur (1993). Secrets of the Lamp (Monstrous Compendium Pages). (TSR, Inc.). ISBN 1-56076-647-6.
- ↑ Andy Collins, Bruce R. Cordell (July 2002). Epic Level Handbook. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 175. ISBN 0-7869-2658-9.
- ↑ slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), p. 26. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Tim Beach (1995). Pages from the Mages. (TSR, Inc), p. 31. ISBN 0-7869-0183-7.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds (2004-06-16). The Codicil of White. Magic Books of Faerûn. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2016-05-19.