Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Shell in the Forgotten Realms is short for seashell but includes fresh water varieties and certain amphibian carapaces as well. Seashells are valued for their ability to be carved into cameos and jewelry. Shells are rarely used for currency because prices vary wildly with scarcity, fashion, and geographic location. Fine specimens can demand a high price from collectors and craftsmen but flawed pieces are generally worthless. Unless otherwise noted, the price given below for each type is the base value for a large, unblemished specimen that is usable for cameo work. Collectors may pay more for unusual specimens; any flaws quickly reduce the price.
Here are some shells found in the Realms:
- Black Helmet (base value 45gp)
- Conch (base value 10gp)
- Flame Helmet (base value 50gp)
- Green Abalone (base value 25gp)
- Horned Helmet (base value 50gp)
- Mother of Pearl (base value 5sp for 1 lb.)
- Nacre (base value 1gp for 1 lb.)
- Nautilus (base value 5gp)
- Opal Cowrie (base value 100gp)
- Pearl Cowrie (base value 20gp)
- Purple Star Cowrie (base value 4,000gp)
- Red Abalone (base value 10gp)
- Red Helmet (base value 20gp)
- Sardonyx Helmet (base value 40gp)
- Shambos (base value 1-5gp per shell plate)
- Tiger Cowrie (base value 10gp)
- Trochus (base value 4gp)
- Turbo (base value 2gp)
- Unio (base value 1gp)
- See also: hardstones
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Ed Greenwood (1990). Forgotten Realms Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 142. ISBN 0-8803-8828-5.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|