Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Snilloc's snowball swarm, also just snowball swarm, was a spell that generated an explosion of snowballs that covered a 10 ft (3 m) radius area. An older version of this spell covered a 30 ft (9 m) radius but did less damage.
The caster could choose the center of the explosion and was subject to being struck if within the area of effect. Snowballs were normal missiles, but there were so many moving so fast that only the very dexterous could even hope to avoid getting hit as snowballs spattered on every solid object, such as walls and ceilings.
Verbal, somatic and material components were required to cast this spell, including a piece of ice or a small chip of white rock. The material component of the earlier version of the spell was either ice or a single pearl.
This spell was created by the mage Snilloc. He placed this spell in the tome The Collected Wisdom of Snilloc. Eventually the tome was stolen and this spell was copied and appeared throughout the Realms. This spell was also in the pamphlet Volo's Guide to All Things Magical published at the start of 1369 DR. This spell quickly passed into the ranks of the Zhentarim and most of their mages had access to this spell. The Red Wizards of Thay quite often placed this spell on scrolls.
- ↑ David Noonan, Stacy Janssen eds. (April 2015). Elemental Evil Player's Companion. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 13–14,22.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 74. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Jeff Grubb and Ed Greenwood (1990). Forgotten Realms Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 47. ISBN 0-8803-8828-5.
- ↑ Mark Middleton et al (March 1998). Wizard's Spell Compendium Volume Three. (TSR, Inc), p. 833. ISBN 978-0786907915.
- ↑ Wizards of the Coast (2005-12-19). Spell Index (HTML). Consolidated Lists Archive. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2015-08-22. “A consolidated index of spells from the 3.5 Player’s Handbook and Spell Compendium.”
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds (2004). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting Spell List (HTML). General Archive. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2013-08-05. “As the release date of the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting grows near, many gamers have wondered aloud about what spells are included in the new campaign setting. Never say we don't aim to please, because here's the list...”
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Tim Beach (1995). Pages from the Mages. (TSR, Inc), p. 32. ISBN 0-7869-0183-7.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Ed Greenwood (1990). Forgotten Realms Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 44. ISBN 0-8803-8828-5.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 282. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds, Jason Carl (November 2001). Lords of Darkness. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 62. ISBN 0-7869-1989-2.