Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Southeast Faerûn lies to the south and east of the grassy plains known as the Shaar, along the shores of the Great Sea opposite the land of Zakhara. At the edge of this region lie in the east the Five Kingdoms of the Utter East and further to the south, and thus beyond Faerûn, the giant peninsula of Zakhara.
Along the southern shores of the continent was this dire nation of enslaved humans commanded by half-elf descendants of the drow. Its northern borders lay along the Forest of Amtar, beyond the Gnollwatch Mountains. Much of the shore lay along the Bay of Dancing Dolphins, which was enclosed by a peninsula and was open to the east. The capital city is Cathyr.
The Shining LandsEdit
- Durpar — This is a merchant kingdom to the southeast of Veldorn, and is separated from Estagund by the Gurna mountains. This nation follows the shores of the bay known as the Golden Water, with the capital port city of Vaelan near the western extreme.
- Estagund — This nation lies to the east of Luiren, and is closely tied to Durpar and Var the Golden to the east. It is led by a militant class of nobility, but it is as much a merchant nation as Durpar. The capital city of Chavyondat is a port on a bay of the southern coast.
- Luiren — An anomaly among the nations of Faerûn, this is the only land ruled by the halflings. It is located along the eastern border of Dambrath, and is separated from the Shaar by the Toadsquat mountain range. Much of the breadth of the country south of the mountains is occupied by the Lluirwood forest. The plains of Luiren contain productive farmland, and the crops are traded with the Dwarves of the Great Rift to the northwest. The capital city of Beluir lies along the coast, in the Luirenstrand bay.
Var the GoldenEdit
This is an agricultural nation that lies along the southern end of the Golden Water. It borders the nations of Estagund to the east and Durpar to the north, and is closely linked to both. The government politics are as rife with plots and intrigue as Calimshan.
The is a region of plains at the eastern end of the Shaar. It is home to various non-human monstrous tribes who are allied in a loose confederation for self-defense. The eastern edge of this region is formed by the Giant's Belt mountains, a range which separates the plains from the desert to the east. There are no cities or population centers of note.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 191. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Thomas Reid (October 2004). Shining South. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 109. ISBN 0-7869-3492-1.
- ↑ Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 95. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 230–231. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 198. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 195. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.