For two minutes per level of experience the caster could speak any creature's language through whatever medium (audio, tactile, pheromones, sign language, dance, empathy, telepathy, etc.) and be able to convey and understand intent, ideas, and concepts up to the complexity the creature was able to grasp. The caster could speak to only one type of creature at a time, but all creatures of the same type within 90 ft (27 m) could understand the caster, within the limitations of the communication medium (pheromones in a high wind might be tricky).
- ↑ This spell was moved from the Divination sphere to the All sphere by the Player's Option: Spells & Magic. See page 186.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 229. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), p. 290. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.
- ↑ Cook, Findley, Herring, Kubasik, Sargent, Swan (1991). Tome of Magic 2nd edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 152. ISBN 1-56076-107-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), p. 186. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Gary Gygax (1978). Players Handbook 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), p. 51–52. ISBN 0-9356-9601-6.