A spelljammer was a type of magically powered vessel that could travel great distances, even into the Sea of Night. Each ship had a magical helm or "captains-chair" that allowed a suitably powerful mage to pilot the ship.
Many of these vessels (and vessels like them) still existed on Faerûn in the mid-14th century DR. The elves of Evermeet maintained a small fleet of them, while the derivatives of these strange and mighty vessels could be seen flying openly over the southern nations of Nimbral and Halruaa.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- ↑ Jeff Grubb (August 1989). “Lorebook of the Void”. Spelljammer: AD&D Adventures in Space (TSR, Inc.), pp. 14–18. ISBN 0-88038-762-9.
- ↑ Richard Baker, James Jacobs, and Steve Winter (April 2005). Lords of Madness: The Book of Aberrations. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 6. ISBN 0-7869-3657-6.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb (August 1989). “Concordance of Arcane Space”. Spelljammer: AD&D Adventures in Space (TSR, Inc.). ISBN 0-88038-762-9.
- ↑ Dale "slade" Henson, Gary L. Thomas ed. and Karen S. Boomgarden ed. (April 1991). Realmspace. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 1-56076-052-4.
- ↑ Anne Gray McCready et al. (March 1994). Elves of Evermeet. (TSR, Inc), p. 87. ISBN 1-5607-6829-0.