Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This spell could be cast instantly at any spell or spell-like ability that the caster could sense was happening within range. For example, he or she could see a fireball or hear a power word, blind spell and react with spellstrike to completely negate the targeted effect. The targeted spell had to be cast no more than one minute before spellstrike and be within 180 yd (165 m) of the caster (more experienced casters could extend this range). Knowledge of the type of magic being targeted was not required, only a noticeable effect. The energies of the targeted spell were not absorbed or deflected, they simply ceased to exist, even retroactively, such that it was as if the spell had never been cast. However, the memorized spell and any spell components used in casting the targeted spell were still lost.
This spell was invented by the famed transmuter Nezram and set down in his book Unique Mageries, which he left behind and never returned to claim. Spellstrike was later published in "Volo's Guide to All Things Magical" and became generally known to the magical community although it was rare to find it.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Ed Greenwood, Tim Beach (1995). Pages from the Mages. (TSR, Inc), p. 121. ISBN 0-7869-0183-7.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Jeff Grubb and Ed Greenwood (1990). Forgotten Realms Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 66. ISBN 0-8803-8828-5.
- ↑ Dale Donovan (January 1998). Cult of the Dragon. (TSR, Inc), pp. 125–126. ISBN 0-7869-0709-6.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Tim Beach (1995). Pages from the Mages. (TSR, Inc), p. 119. ISBN 0-7869-0183-7.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Ed Greenwood (1990). Forgotten Realms Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 44. ISBN 0-8803-8828-5.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Ed Greenwood (1990). Forgotten Realms Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 153. ISBN 0-8803-8828-5.