Spider climb, sometimes known as spiderwalk or spider scuttle, was a transmutation spell used by sorcerers, warlocks, wizards and some druids. It was also an invocation used by some warlocks, particularly those of the dark pact.
When cast, spider climb allowed its caster to walk along the walls of a cavern like a spider, giving them shadowy legs that allowed them to move with unnatural ease and speed. Spider scuttle was a somewhat complex spell, but warlocks required only a short rest between castings in order to regain the power necessary to cast it again.
Prior to the Spellplague and after the Second Sundering, spider scuttle was more commonly known as spider climb, and was usable by wizards and sorcerers as well as warlocks. For the former two, spider climb was like any other spell, the number of castings allowed dependent upon a degree of preparation by the wizard or power of the sorcerer. Druids also used a similar evocation.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 24,26. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 68,209–210,277. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Rob Heinsoo, Logan Bonner, Robert J. Schwalb (September 2008). Forgotten Realms Player's Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 36. ISBN 978-0-7869-4929-8.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 283. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 46. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 91. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- ↑ Monte Cook, Jonathan Tweet, Skip Williams (July 2003). Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 181. ISBN 0-7869-2889-1.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.). ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.). ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 152. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), p. 122. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (1978). Players Handbook 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), p. 68. ISBN 0-9356-9601-6.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Eric L. Boyd (1996). Volo's Guide to All Things Magical. (TSR, Inc), p. 39. ISBN 0-7869-0446-1.