Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A spiked chain is a length of metal chain whose last few links on each end are enlarged and enhanced with spikes. The length and size of links should be proportional to the size of the wielder for best performance. At the half-way point of the chain and/or the midpoints of the two halves, a link of the chain is often replaced with a ring for grasping. An average spiked chain costs 25gp and weighs 10lbs (4.5kg).
The spiked chain is similar to the whip in that it is a reach weapon that can attack targets 10 feet (3 meters) away and also attack adjacent opponents. It takes two hands to wield effectively and can be used to trip an opponent. The spiked chain is especially good at disarming a foe by wrapping around their weapon or weapon arm. It takes great skill to wield the spiked chain without injuring yourself, therefore this is classified as an exotic weapon.
Notable spiked chainsEdit
- Spiked chains are the natural weapon of kytons or chain devils.
- Spiked chains are the preferred weapon of Shadar-kai.
The spiked chain is not mentioned in the 1st, 2nd, or 5th edition player's handbooks.
- ↑ Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 117. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 119. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 115. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.