Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Squaring the circle was an alteration spell that allowed a wizard to modify the shape of the effective area of other spells. Square or cubic areas could be changed to circular or spherical or vice-versa; a square into a rectangle; or a circle or sphere into an oval or egg shape.
The creation of squaring the circle was attributed to young archmage Sammaster, in the period of his delving into metamagic in the late 830s DR, though it was unclear if he indeed developed the spell himself, or was merely instrumental in its rediscovery and subsequent distribution.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Mark Middleton et al (September 1998). Wizard's Spell Compendium Volume Four. (TSR, Inc), p. 873. ISBN 978-0786912094.
- ↑ Dale Donovan (January 1998). Cult of the Dragon. (TSR, Inc), p. 125. ISBN 0-7869-0709-6.
- ↑ Sam Witt (January 1994). The Complete Sha'ir's Handbook. (TSR, Inc), p. 125. ISBN 978-1560768289.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Dale Donovan (January 1998). Cult of the Dragon. (TSR, Inc), pp. 7–8. ISBN 0-7869-0709-6.
- ↑ Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 103–109. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.