Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A staff of night is made from a dark wood  covered in carvings of runes meaning stars, darkness and night. The wielder is granted immunity against the umber hulk's confusing gaze power. The staff contains the darkness, darkvision and low-light vision spells. It also contains the dispel magic spell but this only works against light spells, and two of the summon monster VI spell, but these will only summon one umber hulk, and can only be used once per tenday. If the summoned umber hulk dies or is destroyed, the staff will crumble to dust. The staff is worth around 30,000 gold pieces.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (1993). Ruins of Myth Drannor: Campaign Guide. (TSR, Inc), p. 111. ISBN 1-5607-6569-0.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds, Duane Maxwell, Angel McCoy (August 2001). Magic of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 150. ISBN 0-7869-1964-7.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (1993). Ruins of Myth Drannor: Campaign Guide. (TSR, Inc), pp. 111–112. ISBN 1-5607-6569-0.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Ed Greenwood (1990). Forgotten Realms Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 107. ISBN 0-8803-8828-5.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Julia Martin, Jeff Grubb (1993). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 2nd edition (revised), Shadowdale. (TSR, Inc), p. 7. ISBN 1-5607-6617-4.